Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fleche Postponement

The Eastern PA Fleche has been postponed until next weekend (4/15-4/17) due to the weather forecast that has firmed up for snow and rain on Saturday, followed by black ice conditions during the night time hours as temperatures drop into the lower 20F's.  The deadline to make changes to the rosters has been extended until next Wednesday, 4/13 -- any registered riders who can no longer participate will get a full refund.  The hostel has been booked by another group for both Friday and Saturday night, but you will still be able to leave your car there ahead of time. Although the dorms rooms will not be available on Friday and Saturday, you'll still be able to rest in the dorm on Sunday, if you like.

I already have heard from a number of teams captains indicating that they would still be able to participate next weekend.  Please let me Andrew and me know of any changes to your team status, start day and time, or roster -- thanks.  

Hopefully, the long-term forecast for next weekend will hold up for the 60F temperatures, which would be around 30 degrees warmer than what's called for this weekend!

-Tom  Rosenbauer
Eastern PA RBA

1 comment: